Monday, May 18, 2009

Moss Spores and Trailing Arbutus

Late yesterday afternoon I went out with Mark and the dogs for a walk. Mark told me the arbutus were blooming but wow, they are thick with blossoms. You have to wonder how so many little blossoms can grow in such a little space. The fragrance is so beautiful! We usually just see the white blossoms so this pretty pink variety was a treat! They are one of the first woodland flowers to bloom.

trailing arbutus

moss spores

These moss spores just fascinate me! When you get down on the ground, eye level with them they look like a mini forest of sorts, just beautiful!

3 comments:

Gillianbeads said...

Wow, Pegg, what absolutely beautiful photos!
How tall are the spores? I feel like I'm in Lilliput.

Clean & Bright Soaps and Candles said...

Those moss spores are really cool! Love the perspective, and I agree with Gillian - definitely feel like Gulliver!

Pegg said...

the spores are about 2 or 3 inches high, I was laying on the ground...