Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thin Finn Pancakes

Last night one of my cousins stopped in for an overnight visit on his way back out to B. C., from a visit to his daughter in southern Ontario. This morning I baked some thick sliced bacon, and made thin Finn pancakes for breakfast. I served them with nectarine slices, wow was it a yummy breakfast. I do not make breakfast very often, so it's a treat when I do. Here's the recipe!

Thin Finn Pancakes

2 eggs
1 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 cup flour (unbleached)
Butter for frying

Beat eggs and sugar together, add the salt, buttermilk, melted butter and flour. (I put everything in the blender.) Let stand for at least an hour before cooking the pancakes. Heat a cast iron frying pan, and butter it well. Cook on both sides until golden.
Serve with butter, maple syrup, brown sugar or fruit. It is your choice. Use your imagination!


No comments: