Friday, December 12, 2008

Whipped Shortbread Recipe

This is Megan's favourite Christmas cookie recipe, I guess I better start baking soon. Not sure where this recipe originated from, it was my dads recipe.

Whipped Shortbread

1 lb. butter
3 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup icing sugar

Cream butter and add sugar. Add remaining ingredients. (For best results mix with clean hands first) Beat with electric mixer until the consistency of whipped cream. Drop by teaspoonfuls or roll in balls and press with a fork. Bake at 350F. for 12 minutes.
Enjoy. They keep well in a sealed container, in a cool place, for weeks.


4 comments:

loscann said...

Shortbread is hubby's favourite! We make some for our family every year. I'll have to try out this recipe this year!

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

How can you not like shortbread...yum!

Unknown said...

This recipe looks like a really good one to try. It'd be a nice additiion to the variety we have now. Thanks for sharing the recipe Pegg!

LazyTcrochet said...

Oh I'm so glad I stopped by. The cookies all sound wonderful!