Monday, July 6, 2009

Crispy Potato Salad

Last week I made this salad for part of our dinner. It is from Issue 43 of the Donna Hay magazine. I will give the recipe as it is in the magazine, though I didn't have all the ingredients and substituted. I used greens from the garden instead of just spinach, and I didn't have lemon so I made my own dressing with an avocado, garlic, white wine vinegar and olive oil. It was delicious and I will make it again.

Crispy Potato Salad

1 kg potatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp celery salt
100 g baby spinach
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan

Creamy Lemon Dressing
2 tbsp. sour cream
2 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). To make the creamy lemon dressing, place the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a non metallic bowl and stir to combine, and set aside.
Place the potato, oil and celery salt in a baking dish, toss to coat. Roast for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool and place in a bowl with the spinach and Parmesan and toss to combine. Spoon the dressing over to serve.
Serves 4.

I used a 400° F oven and it took quite a bit longer to roast the potatoes to a golden crisp.
Yummy! Enjoy! 

No comments: