Sunday, May 3, 2009

Caesar Salad

I can't seem to get my head back home, I am off traveling in my mind. I am probably just a little tired. Too much happening in the last couple of weeks, out of my ordinary. It is still quite cold out, not warm spring weather yet. Yes the grass is slowly turning green, and the green shoots of my flowers are poking up in my flower beds. I am dreaming of summer... here is a salad recipe.

Caesar Salad

1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
1 lb. bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces, fried crisp
4 oz. parmesan cheese
croutons, recipe follows
caesar dressing, recipe follows

Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces. Place in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Add the croutons and bacon. Add dressing on your plate to taste.

Croutons:
6 slices of your favourite bread
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp. olive oil
herbs of your choice

Cut bread into bite sized pieces. Heat a frying pan, and add the olive oil, when hot, add the garlic. Cook a few minutes ad then add bread and herbs. Cook on low heat until the bread is crisp.
I have also used less oil, and baked the croutons in the oven, for a lighter version.

Caesar Dressing

6 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. white vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
black pepper to taste

Combine all of the dressing ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a lot of work to end up putting it all in a blender..caesar salad smoothie..seriously sounds good Pegg

Pegg said...

well mr. anonymous, someday you will thank me for the caesar salad smoothie recipe.. hehe...
I did just clarify what to put in the blender in the recipe...
it is a yummy salad recipe!
hope you two had a nice vacation!