Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancake Tuesday & Heavenly Hots!

I have a large collection of cookbooks, one of my many obsessions! 
The Breakfast Book by Marion Cunningham has been an old faithful for many many years. I was reminded of this delicious recipe when I got my new copy of Gourmet magazine yesterday. I have not made this pancake recipe for years, but will make it for dinner tonight. These pancakes are very tender, light and delicate, and oh so delicious! I am so excited, yum! 
Maria, this recipe is for you!!

Bridge Creek Heavenly Hots

4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup cake flour
2 cups sour cream
3 tbsp. sugar


Put the eggs in a mixing bowl and stir until well blended. Add the salt, baking soda, flour, sour cream, and sugar, and mix well. All of this can be done in a blender if you prefer.
Heat a griddle or frying pan until it is good and hot, film with grease, and drop small spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle - just enough to spread to an approximately 2 1/2 inch round. When a few bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, turn them over and cook briefly.

Makes 50 to 60 dollar sized pancakes.

No comments: