Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blueberries & Russian Olives

I haven't posted for a few days, we have been busy in our secret blueberry patch. The season is coming to an end, there are many many berries left out there, but they are getting too soft and squishy to pick. My sister was here yesterday, and we went out and picked 52 litres of berries. Picking is the easy part, I am not really fond of the cleaning part. Hurts my neck and shoulders.
Our freezers are getting full, I have made four batches of various blueberry jams, and my dehydrator has been working overtime. I like to use dried blueberries instead of raisins.
I have also been cutting denim, getting ready to start weaving again, it has been a while. I have almost enough denim cut up, I am hoping to weave a large rug. We will see once I start warping the loom if it will be possible. It will be my first denim rug on this loom.
I have also been making a little bit of jewelry. Still playing with copper. I made this pair of earrings with some of Gillianbeads, beautiful lampwork beads.  Very pretty with the copper leverbacks. I am also still liking the look of the copper jewelry on this copper box, photography backdrop.

"Russian Olives"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! A promise of more rugs from your creative nook!

And love those olive earrings. They do look like olives. Great seguay (sp?) from the food to the food named jewelry.