Saturday, June 28, 2008

Recycled Cardboard and Plastic Basket Weaving Step by Step.......

A few months ago I was asked to teach a workshop to some elementary school aged children. I searched online for an idea for something using recycled materials. I could not find anything suitable, so developed this basket. I used cardboard from boxes I retrieved from our hardware stores garbage shed, and the plastic is shrink wrap that our local grocery store was kind enough to save from the shipments they got in.

The photos should be fairly self explanatory, but if you need any other info please feel free to contact me. For this project the cardboard strips were about 24" long.




















4 comments:

~crazy-bliss.com~ said...

cool idea, five! it must have been fun with the kiddies, and now each one has a basket to take home. would love to hear what they had to say about the idea and fun of weaving them.

Dre said...

it looks great!! I too would love to hear what the kids thought of the project!

Laura said...

great idea. wonder if i could make a waste basket with this idea and using plastic shopping bags... of which i hardly have any! who uses them anymore?!! must start collecting...

Pegg said...

One of the kids in my workshop made a waste basket! He was one of the one who complained the loudest about the project and he made the most beautiful basket!