Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Garden

I have been neglecting my blog for months now, life keeps getting in the way.
We took Miss Bean to the vet in the city yesterday. I found a growth on the back of one of her legs a couple of weeks ago, it started to bleed a few nights ago.
It's a tumor, and it is vascular. She will need to have it removed, the appointment was for Monday morning, I changed it this morning. She is on an antibiotic for 10 days and I would like the infection cleared up before her surgery. We will be watching her closely, if it grows she will be going back to the vets sooner than later. What a stressful month, losing Kinoje and now having Cali sick. Dog stuff is family stuff to Mark and I.
I took a few photos around the gardens and greenhouse in an attempt to relax a little. I must say even though we have been plagued with chipmunks and bugs, the gardens are doing pretty good.

giant sunflower with a bee

yum, we had a fabulous raspberry season

lettuce

oh joy, my first attempt at fennel, who knew it would grow so well here!
I will be planting it again next year, yum baked fennel salad!

green tomatoes will soon turn yellow or orange

gorgeous pink hollyhocks

green jalapeno peppers

gorgeous purple calypso peppers

No comments: